homestead - Re: [Homestead] Which way?

  • From: "Lynda" <lurine AT softcom.net>
  • To: <homestead AT lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: Re: [Homestead] Which way?
  • Date: Mon, 10 Dec 2007 22:30:38 -0800

The same here. Well, my dad called them military corners. DH just stuffs his corners but I was too well trained. The corners must be precise <g>

Lynda
----- Original Message ----- From: "Marie McHarry" <mmcharry AT gmail.com>

My RN mom didn't care which side up the sheets went on the bed, BUT
back in the old days before the decadence of fitted sheets, she taught
us to make hospital corners that stayed in place until the sheets were
changed, even if that was more than a week. I can do a good corner. In
fact, I have field tested corners that lasted a month (look, if you
shower regularly you don't have to be changing the sheets needlessly).

My spouse was one of those loose corner guys. I really, really tried
to not let it bother me -- and of course my side was tucked up
properly. :)