homestead - Re: [Homestead] Bartering

  • From: Keith B <bartermn AT epix.net>
  • To: homestead AT lists.ibiblio.org
  • Subject: Re: [Homestead] Bartering
  • Date: Mon, 19 Nov 2007 07:33:47 -0500

Howdy Franklin,
My screen name is bartermn, given to me by a friend years ago when I first went online. He and I are currently in a(nother) barter deal, carpentry and woodworking for mechanical work and labor. Leaning against my office wall are two pieces of cherry boards that I doweled together last week for a tabletop for him. I spent over thirty hours the past month installing soffit and fascia, electrical outlets, insulation, etc. at his place. In return he has put in about the same amount of time here helping me get my garden tractor running, cutting firewood, mowing pasture and fixing my truck.

If I remember right, the handle bartermn came about when he saw me packing worms from my compost pile in a box to send to Texas or Maine in return for some handmade soap.

You aren't affiliated with IRS are you? :)

Franklin W. Davis wrote:

Hi Folks...have any of you done much bartering...and if so what did you
barter for? Franklin