homestead - Re: [Homestead] Bartering

  • From: Clansgian AT wmconnect.com
  • To: homestead AT lists.ibiblio.org
  • Subject: Re: [Homestead] Bartering
  • Date: Sun, 18 Nov 2007 19:12:19 EST

> We barter anything we can...

Anything and everything.

I bartered an old Caravan with a blown engine for a dumptruck load of sawmill
slabs, lessons on how to build garden beds and some labor on it for
architectural advice on the house and some labor on that. I traded computer
programming for the labor to put the metal roof on the house. We trade labor
in
slaughtering pigs for use of the scalding tub and an assist with the tractor
hoist the carcasses. And so on and so on.

This not to mention the endless times we have just given labor and produce to
whoever needs it when we didn't need anything in return and vice versa. And
not to mention the times a tub of beer and a beast on the spit brought around
all the labor we needed for a large project.

James </HTML>