homestead - Re: [Homestead] Bartering..Tolderance

  • From: EarthNSky <erthnsky AT bellsouth.net>
  • To: homestead AT lists.ibiblio.org
  • Subject: Re: [Homestead] Bartering..Tolderance
  • Date: Tue, 20 Nov 2007 23:33:18 -0500

Franklin W. Davis wrote:
Hi Bev...thanks for the welcome. I never got into bartering...never
too late is it...:-) Does this list have a moderator...and if so does
he/she take part in any discussion that goes on here? Franklin

Lee is still around, I think. I've tried to call her out a couple of
times, but she lurks still. :) She's one of the most open-minded people
I know, and I have met her on several occasions...she used to come up to
EarthNSky.
The magic word around here is tolerance. Usually, as has been in the
past even for me, people leave because the tolerance is knee deep. It
is easy to be tolerant when one lives in a homogeneous environment.
That, IMO, leads one down a false path called 'Holier Than Thou', and
then those folks can't see the forest of human differences for the
bigot, er I mean big o' trees...<g>
Any community or individual can claim tolerance, but when it gets right
down to it, many times it is never tested because some people live their
lives in an isolated, homogeneous community. That's a two way street,
too...those outside the community are missing the exposure to those in
the community..there is never a chance to culture tolerance..and culture
is the key word, in both meanings as a noun and a verb.
Anyway, that is a long way from Bartering, so I'll shut up now..

Bev

--
Bevanron of EarthNSky Farm Sleep well tonight, for somewhere in the
ocean's depths, MY son is protecting YOUR freedom.