homestead - Re: [Homestead] What is a homesteader?

  • From: VAN DELL JORDAN <vdjor AT yahoo.com>
  • To: homestead AT lists.ibiblio.org
  • Subject: Re: [Homestead] What is a homesteader?
  • Date: Sun, 18 Nov 2007 15:17:50 -0800 (PST)

When I was growing up most of the farmers around here
wore bib overalls, now only a few of the older ones.
Anyone remember the story that when Jimmy Carter was
running for president the secret service got bib
overalls so they would "blend in" Problem was
everyone could tell that these guys in new overalls
were not local or farmers.
I think that was in regular news though it might have
been an urban legend.
Van Dell
north central Missouri