homestead - Re: [Homestead] What is a homesteader?

  • From: Clansgian AT wmconnect.com
  • To: homestead AT lists.ibiblio.org
  • Subject: Re: [Homestead] What is a homesteader?
  • Date: Sun, 18 Nov 2007 09:12:47 EST

> > Hi Gene...you said it in a much better way then I could...:-)
> > Though I'm gettin' a little long in tooth . . . .
>
> Stop bragging. I am a year older than you.

I will remind you old geezers that Scott Nearing chucked it all in Vermont,
moved to Maine where he dug a 100'x100' garden and built a stone wall around
it, dug an acre of pond, cut all his firewood by hand, when he was older than
both of you. (OK, Gene, I'm subscribing to the myth right now because it
suits
my purpose).

James (Geezer in training) </HTML>