homestead - Re: [Homestead] wells

  • From: Rob <becida AT comcast.net>
  • To: homestead AT lists.ibiblio.org
  • Subject: Re: [Homestead] wells
  • Date: Sun, 18 Nov 2007 09:28:27 -0800

I watched a guy change a 100+ ft deep submersible pump on a house we were renting once, If you can see it done you'll have a far better idea of what it will take dealing with that much pipe (length AND weight). That's a lot of pipe and he unscrewed it at the 20' lengths.

Anyone else in the drought area having water problems?
Any plans on what's to be done if it doesn't rain this winter (like the National Weather Guessers are guessing)? Pipe lines? Truck water? Bring in a Navy water making ship?
Anybody in a non-drought area making plans for housing relatives looking for water?

If a new pump is needed, is this something that we could do, or would it
be better to hire it out? Thoughts?
Bev

Rob

becida AT comcast.net