homestead - [Homestead] "Not for sale in WA and CA" ?

  • From: "Jennifer D. Franklin" <mamafranklin AT westwoodbf.com>
  • To: <homestead AT lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: [Homestead] "Not for sale in WA and CA" ?
  • Date: Sun, 18 Nov 2007 09:20:34 -0800

I live in Lassen County California. WA and CA have higher EPA standards than
the rest of the country. We have snow on the ground 7-9 months out of the
year. Older wood stoves and those with a lower EPA rating use more wood and
cough out more smoke. Our friends with a blaze king, use 11 cords. We had a
Jotul 100 that adequately heated 4 small rooms with 3 cords of wood for 6
months. Their home is larger... and the rooms near the stove were pretty
hot... but that is a lot of wood!

Jenn

  • [Homestead] "Not for sale in WA and CA" ?, Jennifer D. Franklin, 11/18/2007