homestead - Re: [Homestead] Ducks or geese epa rated stove, or 1-35 cheapo cast iron stove

  • From: Clansgian AT wmconnect.com
  • To: homestead AT lists.ibiblio.org
  • Subject: Re: [Homestead] Ducks or geese epa rated stove, or 1-35 cheapo cast iron stove
  • Date: Sat, 17 Nov 2007 07:33:54 EST

> James, do you do anything special to replace the oxygen they use for
> combustion, beyond, I presume having a less-than-airtight house?

That's it. It's less than an airtight house. If I were invested in an
airtight house, which I don't think is advisable or healthy, I'd have an
outside
source of air to the stove.

Like several others mentioned, we have CO detectors, but the draw of gasses
up the flue is so positive that I'd be very surprised to find any CO or
anything else not venting out with a vengence. </HTML>