homestead - Re: [Homestead] An International Analysis of the Credit Debacle

  • From: Gene GeRue <genegerue AT ruralize.com>
  • To: homestead AT lists.ibiblio.org
  • Subject: Re: [Homestead] An International Analysis of the Credit Debacle
  • Date: Sat, 13 Oct 2007 16:24:09 -0500

On Oct 8, 2007, at 8:49 AM, KNat wrote:

Clansgian AT wmconnect.com wrote:
Energy-wise ethanol is indeed busy work.

In climate impact there is some advantage to using renewable vs
geosequestered biomass just in releasing only modern carbons that would
be impacting currently anyway. But to chose to fuel a car to go to a gym
and walk on a treadmill instead of eating just boggles my mind.

One of the things about Greenspan's book that struck me is in knowing that economists in general understand clearly that politicians make decisions that are clearly wrong for every purpose but bringing in the votes. And of course the, um, sheaves.

I am reminded of a smart and successful guy who was making big money in an MLM I investigated. One of his stories included the line, "there go my people, I must follow them!"

Until we citizens insist that our elected employees do the right thing, conditions will continue to decline. We must stop being selfish and insist that they do the right thing for the country. I have always voted that way, not for the guy who was best for me, but for the one whom I believed was best for the country.

I have little hope that the average citizen will do the same.