homestead - Re: [Homestead] New woodstove

  • From: "Robert Walton" <waltonrp AT gmail.com>
  • To: homestead AT lists.ibiblio.org
  • Subject: Re: [Homestead] New woodstove
  • Date: Thu, 4 Oct 2007 17:05:37 -0400

Glad you got your stove, sounds like a nice one. I have friends with a
soapstone stove and it is great. I'm in the market for a stove also.

I really like the idea of those Franklin Fireplaces, probably cause we
had one as a kid. The stoves seem to have higher BTU ratings.

Maybe someone here can answer this question, what benefit is there to
an outside-vented stove? I use a small kerosene heater now and
sometimes if it is burning a lot, I notice that the air in the house
feels like there is no oxygen in it. (I'm careful with the heater).
Does the outside air feed help with that?

Rob - Va