homestead - Re: [Homestead] New woodstove

  • From: "Lisa K.V. Perry" <lisakvperry AT gmail.com>
  • To: homestead AT lists.ibiblio.org
  • Subject: Re: [Homestead] New woodstove
  • Date: Thu, 4 Oct 2007 14:19:30 -0400

On 10/4/07, Melody Oliphant <melody AT feedngrow.com> wrote:

> I am so envious! I loved my soapstone stove when I lived in Kentucky!
> It was incredibly beautiful and stayed warm long after the embers died.
> It was easy to light, kept our home warm, and added loveliness to my
> dining room. I am looking to get one in the future, but need to budget
> more money for it yet. :-(

I understand Melody, it was expensive. You said what I needed to hear. We
tried to find a used woodstove that would work for us, but we needed a back
vented smaller model. I called several ads for woodstoves advertised in the
paper in the last year, it would seem that everybody and their brother had a
big mama bear stove for sale. One person had a VC that I began to get
excited about until I learned it was top vented.

Thanks for your kind thoughts.

Lisa