homestead - Re: [Homestead] Night sounds

  • From: "Lynda" <lurine AT softcom.net>
  • To: <homestead AT lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: Re: [Homestead] Night sounds
  • Date: Fri, 14 Sep 2007 11:18:28 -0800

Don't have a clue what our night noises our but it literally sounds like we are in some kind of jungle theme park. Those are in addition to the coyotes, owls and fox. Well, and the neighbor south of us with the yappy dogs and the guy over the creek with the German Shepherd (they have a very identifiable voice!). <g>

Lynda
----- Original Message ----- From: "Wendy" <crazygardens AT verizon.net>

Here in PA, we get the owl noises too. The first time I heard that loud,
shrill scream that went on and on, I was about 10 and staying home alone for
a few hours. It was right outside the window and I hid under the kitchen
table with my dog for almost an hour before having the nerve to come out.
When I told my grandmother about it, she laughed herself to tears. I didn't
think it was so funny.