homestead - Re: [Homestead] gas prices

  • From: Rob <becida AT comcast.net>
  • To: homestead AT lists.ibiblio.org
  • Subject: Re: [Homestead] gas prices
  • Date: Thu, 07 Jun 2007 20:43:37 -0700

At 6/7/2007 06:11 PM,Clansgian AT wmconnect.com wrote:

> But it would take far less motor and battery to propel a bike with a
> small trailer than even the smallest electric car.

This is a problem that might just take care of itself, but right now, as we
live and breathe, we could get to town on the horse dawn forecart towing the 6'
trailer behind and do almost all our business. Trips that do not require
heavy loads I, or several of us at once, could make on bicycle.

I worked at a shop in Bemidji ,MN. The guy I worked for told me about how his Mom and family (when she was little) came to town from Red Lake. I'm not sure where on the reservation they were coming from but the town Red Lake is 35 miles from Bemidji.
They made the trip with a horse drawn wagon. One day to travel to town, spend the night with relatives, shop the next day, spend the night with relatives and travel back home the third day.

Rob

becida AT comcast.net
Western Washington State, USA