homestead - Re: [Homestead] And another one falls

  • From: Don Bowen <don.bowen AT earthlink.net>
  • To: homestead AT lists.ibiblio.org
  • Subject: Re: [Homestead] And another one falls
  • Date: Tue, 09 Jan 2007 19:17:39 -0800

At 1/9/2007, you wrote:
Well, this is not good news. But I haven't bought from Burpee in years
anyway, so it won't change my seed buying habits. Like so many here, I love
Fedco, Johnny's and Seed Savers. Territorial is good too. I'd not tried
Baker Creek, Lisa, but I'll see if I can't find them. Horizon Herbs is
a great resource for herbs. In the past I've also ordered from Vermont Bean
Seed Co., Pinetree Garden Seeds, and Miller Nursery. To the best of my
knowledge all of these places are still OK. If anyone knows any different,
please holler, as my belated orders will be going out soon.

From:
http://casaubonsbook.blogspot.com/2007/01/where-to-buy-your-seeds-and-where-not.html

"You'd think I might want to buy seed from Gurneys, Vermont Bean Seed, Totally Tomatoes, Select Seeds and Jung's, and sometimes I wish I could, but they are all essentially the same company now, part of the great consolidation, so I mostly avoid them. You can read more about this at <http://www.gardenwatchdog.com>www.gardenwatchdog.com "

I did not find the reference but did find this:
http://davesgarden.com/gwd/

My favorite was Gurney's but they are part of Garden's Alive:
http://davesgarden.com/gwd/c/146/

Pinetree
http://davesgarden.com/gwd/c/2/

Miller:
http://davesgarden.com/gwd/c/429/

Vermont Bean:
http://davesgarden.com/gwd/c/98/
is part of Jung Seed
http://davesgarden.com/gwd/c/106/

Seeds of Change are expensive but have a good selection. They are owned by Mars Candy:
http://davesgarden.com/gwd/c/61/

I went to the Baker Creek summer show last year and wanted to buy seeds.
http://davesgarden.com/gwd/c/14/

Bountiful Gardens is one I have used before. Every time I go to Palo Alto I go to the store Common Ground.
http://davesgarden.com/gwd/c/17/

Don Bowen Awl Knotted Up KI6DIU
http://www.braingarage.com
My travel journal