homestead - Re: [Homestead] And another one falls

  • From: tonitime AT juno.com
  • To: homestead AT lists.ibiblio.org
  • Cc: homestead AT lists.ibiblio.org
  • Subject: Re: [Homestead] And another one falls
  • Date: Tue, 9 Jan 2007 11:35:55 -0800

Don - you are right........another one bites the dust! I made that
decision to stop purchasing anything connected to Monsanto - and am not
growing the few hybrids i did enjoy that Seminis seed took over. The
Copra onions were great for storage, the Pacman Broccoli that seemed to
always produce big and well, and some others. We must just be aware of
what varieties are held by that company. Fedco was a big help to me in
avoiding such.

Thank goodness there are such a wealth of small, ethical seed businesses
in these rich times. We can all choose from too many other vendors or
sorts of seed, w/o supporting this monopoly on the vegies in the world.

Thanks for the headzup!
Cousin Toni in KY