homestead - Re: [Homestead] Viruses as genetic switches

  • From: "Chris Clarke" <hstead AT nc.rr.com>
  • To: <homestead AT lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: Re: [Homestead] Viruses as genetic switches
  • Date: Sun, 7 Jan 2007 19:23:47 -0500

-----Original Message-----
From: homestead-bounces AT lists.ibiblio.org
[mailto:homestead-bounces AT lists.ibiblio.org] On Behalf Of Gene GeRue
Sent: Saturday, January 06, 2007 11:55 AM
To: homestead AT lists.ibiblio.org

> http://www.livescience.com/humanbiology/070103_herpes_alzheimers.html
>
> Here's a good example of the kind of environmental switches I
> refered to
> in an earlier post.

This is the last line in the article:
"The virus is usually latent, locked inside cells, but occasionally
stress, fatigue, certain foods and even sunlight can spark the virus
into an active phase that damages cells and causes cold sores."

Good stuff to know, yes? So, yet again, we are reminded to control
stress, get plenty of rest, eat good foods, and protect against
damaging sun. These are already guidelines for those of us who take
proactive responsibility for our health.

Thanks for the post, Bev.

I am convinced that we are going to find a lot more of this
kind of disease mechanism in the future, particularly something
like early-onset Type 2 Diabetes.

Chris
(doing a lot of posting... :D )