homestead - Re: [Homestead] Homestead Resolutions for 2007

  • From: "Chris Clarke" <hstead AT nc.rr.com>
  • To: <homestead AT lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: Re: [Homestead] Homestead Resolutions for 2007
  • Date: Sun, 7 Jan 2007 19:17:26 -0500

-----Original Message-----
From: homestead-bounces AT lists.ibiblio.org
[mailto:homestead-bounces AT lists.ibiblio.org] On Behalf Of Gene GeRue
Sent: Wednesday, January 03, 2007 9:40 AM
To: homestead AT lists.ibiblio.org

> This is the year that I build a nice woodshed. Here in
> the south, you really need more than just a tarp covering
> the wood if you really want to get it dried out. I am thinking about
> 16' wide, maybe 8' deep. Two 5x12x1.5 foot rows, with a good amount
> of room in between. Slatted sides
> to allow ventilation. Question is, do I add power for a
> floodlight and a ceiling fan?

Sounds like serious humidity. Perhaps research solar kiln and use
that basic design. Moving air can be accomplished without a fan.
What's the floodlight for?

Yep, thought about that as well. I have a location I could try
a completely closed building with cloistery windows and a black
paint job. Add a simple vent and it bet it would work well too.
But I don't think the wife (or the HOA) would like it.

Chris