homestead - Re: [Homestead] Viruses as genetic switches

  • From: EarthNSky <erthnsky AT bellsouth.net>
  • To: homestead AT lists.ibiblio.org
  • Subject: Re: [Homestead] Viruses as genetic switches
  • Date: Sat, 06 Jan 2007 12:03:32 -0500

Gene GeRue wrote:
http://www.livescience.com/humanbiology/070103_herpes_alzheimers.html

Here's a good example of the kind of environmental switches I refered to
in an earlier post.

This is the last line in the article:
"The virus is usually latent, locked inside cells, but occasionally stress, fatigue, certain foods and even sunlight can spark the virus into an active phase that damages cells and causes cold sores."

Good stuff to know, yes? So, yet again, we are reminded to control stress, get plenty of rest, eat good foods, and protect against damaging sun. These are already guidelines for those of us who take proactive responsibility for our health.

Absolutely good stuff to know..

Bevanron of EarthNSky Farm Sleep well tonight, for somewhere in the ocean's depths, MY son is protecting YOUR freedom.