homestead - Re: [Homestead] Homestead Resolutions for 2007

  • From: tonitime AT juno.com
  • To: homestead AT lists.ibiblio.org
  • Cc: homestead AT lists.ibiblio.org
  • Subject: Re: [Homestead] Homestead Resolutions for 2007
  • Date: Sun, 7 Jan 2007 17:27:19 -0800

Hey there!
I also have in mind a long, 3-sided woodshed soon, facing southeast
and faced with slotted slabs from one of our local sawmills ( quite a few
'roun here). I cannot afford a cement floor, so am going to use very
heavy weedblock covered with gravel as bottom. Several of the sawmills
nearby are pallet mills, so we will raise our wood using those. On the
near end, toward the house, we'll make a lil' garage section with door to
house the hydraulic splitter, weedeaters, and their vaious fluids and
supplies. A container for axes and mauls in there too. I look forward
to having a beautiful view down another field back - w/o junk wood and
tarped piles. Beauty is important - and so underated toward our
well-being, too.
...and, thank goodness. People here would look at me crazy if i called
for any sort of inspection on such a structure ;) Not that i'd bring it
up anyway. Coming from the land of rigid inspections out toward the Left
Coast, it is great to enjoy the freedom of building what and where you
want. These days, they ARE finally doing home and sewage inspections,
toward a more eco-tidy Appalachia - finally.
Back to my basement now and the beginnings of 2007 horticultural
endeavors, yeehaw!
Toni