homestead - Re: [Homestead] Strawberries

  • From: EarthNSky <erthnsky AT bellsouth.net>
  • To: homestead AT lists.ibiblio.org
  • Subject: Re: [Homestead] Strawberries
  • Date: Tue, 02 Jan 2007 11:20:07 -0500

Lisa K.V. Perry wrote:

Just got mine and I'm drooling--easy to see how homesteaders get caught up
in "I want one..."

LOL..There are at least two things every year that I add to the homestead. I try to limit myself to two new things. Try is the operative word. Last year it was supposed to be pecans and bananas, but I ended up with only pecans, letting bananas roll over into 2007 or 2008. I say "OR" because I have a new want: cranberries. I want a few cranberry bushes to use as a groundcover and so that I can get a few to make juice with. So, this year, I am holding back on buying some other seed to be able to afford a cranberry plant. expensive little buggers they are! Does anyone have these plants? I have seen upright types and groundcover types. I want the latter.

Bev
--
Bevanron of EarthNSky Farm Sleep well tonight, for somewhere in the ocean's depths, MY son is protecting YOUR freedom.