homestead - Re: [Homestead] Strawberries

  • From: "Lynda" <lurine AT softcom.net>
  • To: <homestead AT lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: Re: [Homestead] Strawberries
  • Date: Tue, 2 Jan 2007 22:54:59 -0800

We have ground squirrel which eat anything that isn't nailed down and some things that are, plus totally obnoxious deer!

So, we built little mini "hoop" houses for the berries using wire "hoops" that we covered with chicken wire which works quite nicely to keep the nasty little beggars out of the strawberries. Also keeps our hawk sized crows out of them.

I swear ever animal up here has a tape worm <g>

Lynda
----- Original Message ----- From: "Toni" <tonitime AT juno.com>