homestead - Re: [Homestead] Political question, if I may

  • From: VAN DELL JORDAN <vdjor AT yahoo.com>
  • To: homestead AT lists.ibiblio.org
  • Subject: Re: [Homestead] Political question, if I may
  • Date: Wed, 15 Nov 2006 11:43:29 -0800 (PST)

I think we need policies that have "teeth" yet allow
people a choice.
One example would be to eliminate the CAFE standards
for autos and just put a tax on each vehicle based on
gas consumption. Thus if I want to drive a gas guzzler
badly enough then I can pay for the privilege to do
so. The taxes thus received should go toward other
programs to reduce energy usage.
Van Dell