homestead - Re: [Homestead] Political question, if I may

  • From: sjc <indexer AT localnet.com>
  • To: homestead AT lists.ibiblio.org
  • Subject: Re: [Homestead] Political question, if I may
  • Date: Wed, 15 Nov 2006 13:42:45 -0500

At 11:31 AM 11/15/2006, you wrote:
In a message dated 11/15/2006 11:08:24 A.M. Eastern Standard Time,
genegerue AT ruralize.com writes:

I have a foggy memory of the White House being retrofitted for energy
efficiency. I think Rocky Mountain Institute was involved. Then I
heard the next president changed things. Anyone with a younger memory
bank recall?

Carter did it, Reagan undid it, with rather unkind comments. The solar panels were stored in some DC area warehouse for a number of years; Unity College (Unity, Maine) asked for them and was soundly rebuffed. As soon as the new administration was installed, they asked the new people and this time got them. They were promptly fetched to Maine where they were installed and have been serving the college ever since.

Susan Jane, in Maine