homestead - Re: [Homestead] Disappearing chickens

  • From: "Marie McHarry" <mmcharry AT gmail.com>
  • To: homestead AT lists.ibiblio.org
  • Subject: Re: [Homestead] Disappearing chickens
  • Date: Wed, 15 Nov 2006 08:46:29 -0600

On 11/15/06, clhw <clhw AT infoave.net> wrote:
Marie, I agree that it sounds like weasel family.
Where did you get your Koms? How many did you have?
Lynn -- former owner of Komondorok who misses them....Mine died at 14 years
old,which is supposedly old for Komondorok but way too soon...

I had two Komondorok -- Hattie & Fern, named for two elderly cousins
who were tough as nails. I got them from a neighbor, and I believe she
got her original stock from a breeder in Missouri. They were wonderful
girls, but not friendly with strangers unless the strangers were
little people. We had a hired man named Jason who they loathed -- it
later turned out that he was a thief.

My Anatolian, who is much friendlier to humans but death on strange
dogs and coons, came from central Arkansas. I miss the Koms but not
their curls.

Marie