homestead - Re: [Homestead] Disappearing chickens

  • From: "Marie McHarry" <mmcharry AT gmail.com>
  • To: homestead AT lists.ibiblio.org
  • Subject: Re: [Homestead] Disappearing chickens
  • Date: Wed, 15 Nov 2006 00:52:54 -0600

Yeah, it's supposed to rain tomorrow, but I already discussed this with
Ron and I think I'll be gathering materials to run a hi tensile wire
around the bottom of the garden fence. I have everything I need to do
it, it'll just be a matter of getting it done before the next attack occurs.
My Aussie digs and kills moles, so does my neighbors' rat terrier.

At one point I was so disgusted with the local predations that I was
ready to drag a sleeping bag out and wait. It never came to that. I
apologize to my departed chickens that I didn't do that.

At this point, I have no predation, but the opportunites are thin.

Marie