homestead - Re: [Homestead] Disappearing chickens

  • From: EarthNSky <erthnsky AT bellsouth.net>
  • To: homestead AT lists.ibiblio.org
  • Subject: Re: [Homestead] Disappearing chickens
  • Date: Wed, 15 Nov 2006 01:34:51 -0500

Marie McHarry wrote:

For Bev's benefit, back when I had dogs out and about all over the
place, I never had predation problems (aside from moles, which have
been stopped in their tracks by the BCs). In my experience, a good
charge on the electric fence backs up the dogs tremendously. That
coyote might not have even tried to clear the fence if there had been
a hot wire there.

Yeah, it's supposed to rain tomorrow, but I already discussed this with Ron and I think I'll be gathering materials to run a hi tensile wire around the bottom of the garden fence. I have everything I need to do it, it'll just be a matter of getting it done before the next attack occurs.
My Aussie digs and kills moles, so does my neighbors' rat terrier.

34.498N 85.076W Bev is Earth, Ron is Sky