homestead - Re: [Homestead] Housing bubble or froth

  • From: "Lynda" <lurine AT softcom.net>
  • To: <homestead AT lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: Re: [Homestead] Housing bubble or froth
  • Date: Tue, 7 Nov 2006 11:14:37 -0800

And, folks used to be counted in the unemployment numbers until that SS # was collecting from a 3/4 to fulltime job. Now, once you are no longer collecting unemployment, you are no longer counted as unemployed. Cute way of getting the % of unemployed down to a nice small number.

Plus, SS collections are only turned in quarterly. So, when I collected SS for employees at our butcher shop and the other stores I managed, at the end of March I totalled up my numbers and then had 6 weeks or so to turn in the report. The money I technically collected from wages was turned in in lump sums which wouldn't tell anyone anything. The SS collections don't tell anyone anything. Only those quarterly reports do.

So the two numbers are totally irrelavant as to the reality of what is going on in the work force.

Lynda
----- Original Message ----- From: "Marie McHarry" <mmcharry AT gmail.com>

How do you calculate in one person routinely holding 2 or 3 jobs?
After 26 weeks unemployment benefits run out, and a person pays SS tax
on every one of their jobs. The number of jobs may be up, but the
number of employed individuals may not be.

Marie