homestead - Re: [Homestead] Wastewater costs 340 times Colorado River water

  • From: Clansgian AT wmconnect.com
  • To: homestead AT lists.ibiblio.org
  • Subject: Re: [Homestead] Wastewater costs 340 times Colorado River water
  • Date: Wed, 1 Nov 2006 20:49:01 EST

> Bubble, shmubble. Writers need to become more responsible and readers
> need to become less gullible. "Glut." "The new ghost towns."
> "Umbrella of fear." For shame.

Bubblistas began pointing to a rising housing bubble as early as 2001 and the
blather became in earnest by 2003. At the time the doubters pointed out that
month after month, quarter after quarter, house prices kept rising and rates
of sale kept rising. It is a bit elegant to have read a lot of this three
years ago where people would write that by their calculations what would be
happening in housing down the road and then the events that happened in the
latter
half of 2006 was exactly as they predicted.

Right now, in predicting the real estate market, it stands at bubblistas - 1,
RE cheerleaders -v0.

And yet what I have heard from so many sources who said that RE could only go
up, up, up, is that the current downturn is due to buyers being spooked by
the hype being perpetrated by the bubblistas.

If you are a savvy analyst and you predictions turn out to be true, then it's
all written off as a self-fulfilling prophecy. Gotta love it.