homestead - Re: [Homestead] Dumb Question about Windows

  • From: "Wendy Gulliver" <crazygardens AT verizon.net>
  • To: <homestead AT lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: Re: [Homestead] Dumb Question about Windows
  • Date: Tue, 24 Oct 2006 08:17:48 -0400

Bev,
Exception errors are usually one of those common errors seen by Windows programmers. It indicates a programming error in the routines which concern the "exception handler" which coordinates which programs are accessing which parts of memory. HOWEVER, I have also seen this error crop up when a memory board goes bad. A program goes to access a piece of data it has placed in memory and it is not there (or can't access it) and assumes someone else "stole" it. So unless you have been doing your own programming, I will assume you have a bad memory board. I would replace the memory board before I bothered reinstalling Windows.

Wendy