homestead - Re: [Homestead] Fence rebuilding

  • From: VAN DELL JORDAN <vdjor AT yahoo.com>
  • To: homestead AT lists.ibiblio.org
  • Subject: Re: [Homestead] Fence rebuilding
  • Date: Thu, 19 Oct 2006 08:55:52 -0700 (PDT)

A related question. We have poison ivy in areas we
are clearing. I understand that the toxicity remains
in the plant even when dead. I know that the smoke
can carry the allergen, but suppose it wouldn't be a
problem if the wind direction were taken into account?
If put into compost or tilled into the soil will the
noxious substance break down?
Van Dell