homestead - Re: [Homestead] What I did today....

  • From: "SISU!" <erthnsky AT bellsouth.net>
  • To: homestead AT lists.ibiblio.org
  • Subject: Re: [Homestead] What I did today....
  • Date: Sat, 14 Oct 2006 01:36:18 -0400

Lynda wrote:

Well, it's Friday the 13th and so far no one with a hockey mask <g>

Started the day early because we are sanding down the hot tub and putting a new coat of spar varnish on it. Youngest and I are doing it because it is her "mini-pool," as she calls it <g>

Thou shalt not say "spar varnish". I am sick of it. We are varnishing
the canoe-many coats...like 9 so far..aaarrrrgggh!

No frost yet and none on the horizon,

We are having our first freeze tonight. I am about to head to bed to
get warm as we opted not to start a fire. Brrr.

DH finshed splitting a cord of wood yesterday, so today was time to remove the air conditioners and the plexiglass and closing up the windows.

Remove the air conditioners?? People actually do this?? We leave them
in the window year around.

We have two more heat screens to make and then all the windows will be good to go for keeping out the heat in the summer and the heat in in the winter. We've already noticed the difference in our bedroom and it that it works great!

What's a heat screen?

I've got a pot of sauce on simmering, so it'll be sorta spaghetti pie
tonight (layers of penne, sauce and cheese in individual serving dishes).

I do that too...I call it Finnish lasagna. <g>

AND, we finally got the new oven installed Wednesday and I can finally go back to making all our bread. I do NOT know how I survived two years without an oven that would do any decent baking! I
am SOOOOOOOO happy!!!!!! Happy dance, happy dance, happy dance!!!!! Wahooo!!!!!! <g>

I can relate to that. I had a good oven, but bad stove eyes. We got 4
new burners off freecycle and I don't know how I was cooking before. I
basically had to relearn to cook! Things will now boil over in a flash!

All in all, a good Friday the 13th.

For me, too.....

Bev
34.498N 85.076W Bev is Earth, Ron is Sky