homestead - Re: [Homestead] Pears out the wazoo

  • From: "Lisa K.V. Perry" <lisakvperry AT gmail.com>
  • To: homestead AT lists.ibiblio.org
  • Subject: Re: [Homestead] Pears out the wazoo
  • Date: Tue, 10 Oct 2006 17:52:23 -0400

On 10/10/06, SISU! <erthnsky AT bellsouth.net> wrote:

If I see one more pear today, I think I will turn into one. This morning
we picked all the remaining pears that were on the tree. Some of them
weighed over a pound! Mostly, they were dead ripe, almost like
apples with no grit and a soft texture.

We have the same thing going on here, just not today. Lots of pears, pears,
pears, this is a bumper crop year. And they are huge! Harry and David
would be envious. The jars are beautiful to look at all lined up on the
shelf.
I'm a messy cook as well, lots to clean after I've been canning.

Today was my usual day to schlep my foster client all around for his various
appointments and errands. Still more rewarding than schlepping mortgage
loans. Like my newish job much better. Do it all again tomorrow, then stay
home on Thursday to...can pears! Hope Thursday is a beautiful day like it
was today. Felt bad that I spent most of the day in the car when I wanted
to be outside.

We'll probably bop rabbits after dinner-more standing.

Good luck bopping rabbits. ;)

Time to make dinner. Last night was a hodge-podge,
don't-know-what-to-make-for-dinner soup: 8 c. water, 1# browned hburger, 1
pt. tomato sauce, 1 can pinto beans, 1/2 bag wide egg noodles, 4 diced
tomatoes, 1 green pepper, 1 diced onion and garlic. Pretty good.

Have a good evening--and put your feet up a bit. ;)

Lisa