homestead - Re: [Homestead] Pears out the wazoo

  • From: "SISU!" <erthnsky AT bellsouth.net>
  • To: homestead AT lists.ibiblio.org
  • Subject: Re: [Homestead] Pears out the wazoo
  • Date: Tue, 10 Oct 2006 19:56:10 -0400

Pickled beets. Now there's something that brings back memories. When I
was a kid, I KNOW we had pickled beets every week. I hated them, not
for the taste, but because the vinegary beet juice ran all over my plate
and turned my potatoes magenta colored. I haven't had beets in 25
years, but it almost sounds good, AND I'd bet it would be good with
sardines...lol

Bev

Lynda wrote:
EEEEUUUUUU!!!! Hey, how about a warning next time you come up with something like the sardines and oats <g>

I know what you mean about the clean up. I put the last jar of
pickled beets up last night and I swear I have red from one end of
the house to the other!

Lynda, who wishes she had those pears! ----- Original Message ----- From: "SISU!" <erthnsky AT bellsouth.net>

If I could figure out a way to cook oats with sardines and pears,
I'd have it made! ROTFL!

34.498N 85.076W Bev is Earth, Ron is Sky