homestead - Re: [Homestead] Hello and best of Intentions.....!

  • From: Don Bowen <don.bowen AT earthlink.net>
  • To: homestead AT lists.ibiblio.org
  • Subject: Re: [Homestead] Hello and best of Intentions.....!
  • Date: Wed, 30 Aug 2006 14:44:36 -0500

At 8/30/2006, you wrote:
Don - if you are out there - i do hope you have time to visit our
remote slice of the Kentucky Mountains on one of legs of the journey.
Please know you are welcome, and can always park at the farm next to us
(uninhabited, and approved gladly by previous RV type visitors). I do
not think you'd be able to haul it down the short road, across the
bedrock of a creek ravine, and up to the yard!! Our neck of the woods
contains some interesting and great neighbors, lotsa solitude and
serenity, and the chow may be at least as good as at Gene's!!! You'll
have to try our slice of pizza, too. Our county is no longer dry, so
there is brew for YOU!

Thanks, maybe next year. I have some friends in Somerset KY that I like to visit. I have to head back to California in a couple of weeks, my grandson is going in for a series of tests and I was asked to be there. As for your road, Gene's was a tough one, I could get down but needed a four wheel drive to get back up.

Don Bowen Awl Knotted Up KI6DIU
http://www.braingarage.com
My travel journal

I am omnivagant.