homestead - [Homestead] The kid is home!

  • From: "SISU!" <erthnsky AT bellsouth.net>
  • To: Homestead List <homestead AT lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: [Homestead] The kid is home!
  • Date: Wed, 30 Aug 2006 18:45:37 -0400

Sorry I have been a bit quiet...TJ is finally home for a few weeks, and
trying to get all of his "stuff" taken care of has been exhausting. We
have basically 3 days to get a shed built for him to store stuff in, so
I have been out collecting freecycle building materials and such for the
project as well as being a mom again. You know how it goes...Mom, can
you run a couple of loads of laundry for me? Mom, can you call this
person or that person? Mom, you gotta stop and play this game with me!
Mom, can you make lasagna for dinner...yada yada. It's good to have him
home, but he is wearing me out! Meanwhile, I am trying to build a
chicken coop, clean house, get my hair cut and plan this Aloha party for
Sunday....
Not much homesteading going on here at present, just errands, cooking,
cleaning, and phone calls. It's good to have him home, but the Navy has
turned my nice quiet son into a smart ass who makes jokes about
everything and it is hard to have a serious conversation with him
anymore. I guess the equivalent would be a college sophomore-you know,
when they think they know EVERYTHING! Wise fool....
Anyway, I do love that kid.....
To make matters worse, I am keeping my daughter's border collie this
week and what a spoiled brat that dog is!! He is used to being walked
on a leash, so he won't poop unless I am standing right there telling
him to do so. He's also very yappy and is getting on my last nerve. I
am used to peace and quiet. I told Buddy he was acting like a city
dog....lol...always needing some kind of noise and if there is none, he
manufactures his own...lol....Three more days of Buddy-will I survive? ;)
I did find a great deal on some plywood($2/4x8 sheet of 5/16 ply)that
was the inside of packing crates. I think it is bubinga plywood, as
best as I can tell, and it is so nice and pretty that it is almost a
shame to use it outdoors. It may not be bubinga, but it is some kind of
exotic wood-certainly not a domestic species.

Bev

--
Bevanron of EarthNSky Farm GO NAVY!
Proud SUBMARINE Parents of a USS Key West Sailor

  • [Homestead] The kid is home!, SISU!, 08/30/2006