homestead - Re: [Homestead] Real Estate/Bubble/Hardship Case

  • From: VAN DELL JORDAN <vdjor AT yahoo.com>
  • To: homestead AT lists.ibiblio.org
  • Subject: Re: [Homestead] Real Estate/Bubble/Hardship Case
  • Date: Sat, 22 Jul 2006 08:24:56 -0700 (PDT)

Linda,

I don't know about your county but our zoning laws
would allow us to use any size desired. OH wait a
minute....we don't have any zoning laws. I guess that
was a cruel thing to point out.

Seriously, make decisions based only on what your
local authorities tell you. Each jurisdiction has
its' own requirements unless their is a statewide code
When you are told something find out what the
authority is. Is it specifically written that way? or
is that the individuals interpretation? Sometimes
their are exceptions or variances so ask those
questions if things aren't looking good.

You may have guessed that was one of the things I did
in my time as a city bureaucrat. Instead of saying
this is what you need to do, I preferred to find out
what they wanted and tried to find a way to do that
and still make it legal. Not all public employees
share that attitude but most are cooperative if
approached in a reasonable manner.

Van Dell