homestead - Re: [Homestead] Homestead Musings and Direstion

  • From: sanrico AT highdesert.com
  • To: homestead AT lists.ibiblio.org
  • Subject: Re: [Homestead] Homestead Musings and Direstion
  • Date: Fri, 21 Jul 2006 20:39:40 -0700 (PDT)

On Sat, 15 Jul 2006 12:24:18 -0400, Viking wrote:

> Actually, if anything, it would be a lazy gene...too lazy to do it all
> at once..<g>...or maybe it's a too broke gene...too broke to buy what
> you need, so you improvise and do it little by little.

Meant to respond to this way back when - when it was first posted. This and
similar lines of thought always lead me to the memory of our mother
instilling in
us the habit of looking around every time we leave a room...is there anything
here that needs to go where I'm going? Seems like it's almost the same
philosophy
- that everything will get done, as one is able.

> Our kitchen stove finally gave up the ghost last night.
> Worst case scenario is that I bury it and use
> the oven part as in-ground storage or a hot bed, pun intended. It could
> become a smoker, too.

Sorry about your stove, but thanks for the ideas! I've been kinda toying with
burying an old freezer - for storage / emergency supplies.

Sandy