homestead - Re: [Homestead] Homestead Musings and Direstion

  • From: The Studebakers <thestudebakers AT earthlink.net>
  • To: homestead AT lists.ibiblio.org
  • Subject: Re: [Homestead] Homestead Musings and Direstion
  • Date: Sat, 15 Jul 2006 00:10:56 -0400 (EDT)

Thank you for all the encouragement. I feel like more of a homesteader now!
We have been dreaming about this for so long, the closer it gets, the more
REAL it becomes. Most of the time I am excited and ready to jump in...I am
glad to hear I'm not alone in my occasional self-doubting.

So here's my to-do list :) After fixing up the house, we want to get a water
harvesting system going,(I don't want to be dependent on the shared well )
then a garden, then chickens. I am thinking the garden may have to be in
raised beds. After that, rabbits, bees, quilting, and stained glass.

I am trying to draw out what I want to finished product to be like (well, at
least resemble) so that we don't put in the beds or coop, and then me realize
that for some other reason it should have been: closer, further, above,
below, etc. some other structure.

The girls and I are going up to stay in GA next week, then back to FL again
until the house sells. I am holding 2 open houses, one Saturday, then Sunday
afternoon. I do SO want it to sell. This double mortage thing stinks!!!

Beag is Beag,
Amy