homestead - [Homestead] classic freecycle- slightly OT "needy" people

  • From: Viking <erthnsky AT bellsouth.net>
  • To: Homestead List <homestead AT lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: [Homestead] classic freecycle- slightly OT "needy" people
  • Date: Sat, 15 Jul 2006 00:30:11 -0400

I started this list of local freecycle posts a few weeks ago just for my
own amusement.
Perhaps, I should retitle this, "You might be a homesteader if...you
think this is both sad and funny..<g>
I hate those
I-need-it-give-it-to-me-because-something-bad-has-happened-posts.
I am also amazed at some of the stuff people claim to "need"...
I edited out all the names and places, as well as most of the religious
content...Freecyle is becoming almost as entertaining to me as the
Darwin awards....lol
Enjoy....

Bev

Wanted: Bean bag chair or video game chair
I would really like to have something my son can use to sit in during
those long hours of video game playing. If you have something that he
could use please let me know I will travel farther to get it.
Thank you in advance

-----

I need help to get our backyard under control. The grass & weeds are
very tall. If anyone has a bush hog or something similar and could help
us out this one time it would be much appreciated, we don't have the
funds to get this taken care of ourselves as I have just taken a second
trip to Iowa to visit my father.
I am near the corner of XXX Rd and XXX Rd in Kennesaw.

{My note: Take my word for it, this is a wealthy area)

------

HI..if anyone has a horse that they could donate that is ridable and
needing a good home please let me know. I would like to teach riding
lessons and basic care.
I could use a good english or western saddle about 16 inches or 15 inch
seat. Basic tack. Good condition only.

-----

hello all i am in need of some good hay can't seem to find any if you
have any extra we'd love to have it. thanks in advance.

-----

I am looking for any of the outside hard plastic climbing stuff for
little children to play on. I think it is called Little Tykes, not
sure but it is the sturdy yellow/green/blue/red colored kind of plastic
toys such as slides, fort style they can climb thru and on. Thank you
in advance.

My note: I answered this ad, offering a slide, and was refused
because my Little Tykes slide wasn't large enough-not the kind that goes
with a fort. <sigh>

-----

I have 4 rabbits and one is going to have babbies and would like to see
if anyone has a hutch ..

-----

I need kitchen cabinets no older than the late 80's and roofing
tar,etc. I also need a oven preferably the built in kind. would like a
roll of stone vinyl to do my foyer. any ceiling tiles. any bushes or
plants you dont want that are potted. any left over flea and tick stuff
for the yard. any grass seed ...and a tiller I desperately need a tiller.

And from the same poster on the same day:

I dont know of a human being that would give a car away for free so
I am appealing to a guardian angel who seems to be around me all of
this month. I need a car van,truck, anything that works and is safe.
Let me explain.
my son and I both have recently dreamed about a car wreck ...the
next day the brake light was on and so I took it in to be fixed
because we are trying to get to florida before school starts to find
a new home. I get there to the brake place they take off the wheel
and the entire insides fall apart. there were breaks in the hoses
and a huge leak the cylinders busted and the drums metal on metal.
There were no warnings ,no sounds ,just the light. I just had the
tires replaced last summer and brakes checked. so I paid 144.00 to
get the van fixed enough to make it home. I sold everything I could
on ebay to get the money together to fix the brakes and an hour ago
was on my way to the auto place to get the brakes fixed.
I get in the van and get half way down the road and the transmission
is gone in the van. I just had it replaced 2 summers ago. But
atleast it happend now when we are home and not on the road. I am
thankful to the angels to keep my son and I safe.
Now I ask if there is an angel out there that has a van,truck,jeep
car whatever they they are not using. that is working and safe if
they would help me be able to get around and get to the grocery. I
am disabled with lupus and degenerative bone disease and cannot do a
regular job and try to sell candles from home but hey that just
doesnt seem to work around here.so If you have an extra vehicle we
could sure use it. God bless

My note: First she sells everything on ebay, then she asks for stuff on
freecycle?? Hmmmm...could she be reselling freecyle items on ebay?
Also, for someone so broke and needy, she's planning a move to Florida
in the next few weeks? What the heck would she need the tiller for?
Curious.

-------

--
erthnsky AT bellsouth.net BevanRon of EarthNSky Farm NW Georgia USDA Zone 7
34.498N 85.076W