homestead - Re: [Homestead] Informal Survey of Housing Bubble

  • From: "Lisa K.V. Perry" <lisakvperry AT gmail.com>
  • To: homestead AT lists.ibiblio.org
  • Subject: Re: [Homestead] Informal Survey of Housing Bubble
  • Date: Fri, 21 Jul 2006 20:58:35 -0400

On 7/21/06, Lynda <lurine AT softcom.net> wrote:

<snip>
Say what you will about CA, at least I don't have to worry if my neighbors
pay a million dollars for a house, my taxes don't go up due to reappraisal.

You learn something every day. Our taxes went up due to the county
assessment in '05--they nearly doubled from the '00 assessment. The next
meeting with the Board of Supervisors was packed, many on fixed incomes
attending and others who moved here for low taxes, among other reasons.

Lisa