homestead - Re: [Homestead] Informal Survey of Housing Bubble

  • From: "Linda" <intuit AT teleport.com>
  • To: <homestead AT lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: Re: [Homestead] Informal Survey of Housing Bubble
  • Date: Fri, 21 Jul 2006 10:50:45 -0700

Hi Lisa. Lurker Linda in Ridgefield,WA. I own one of those "worst" homes in
the best area. I bought in 2001 for $195,000 and today it would sell for
$429,000-( my real estate appraiser daughter n law told me.) This is a
farming community (was) and every large acreage has a for sale sign on it,
or HAS sold, and there are 250 new homes being built on the land. I have
lived here all of my life, and Iam closing in on 60 yrs. To me, watching my
area turn itself upside down, inside out, to where NO local can afford to
live here any longer... is very frightening. For myself, I am forced
(taxes) to move 35 miles north to be able to live. (of course Iam retired
and am very lucky I can do this) Watching all the youngsters(locals) chase
their tails trying to keep up, well, this isn't the Ridgefield I have lived
in for for all these years! I haven't seen many foreclosers--but then I
wouldn't- I'm not in real estate. All my eyes see are homes being built left
and right while the locals are scratching their heads asking how people can
afford to buy these ridiculously expensive, and too large, homes.