homestead - Re: [Homestead] classic freecycle- slightly OT "needy" people

  • From: "Marie McHarry" <mmcharry AT gmail.com>
  • To: homestead AT lists.ibiblio.org
  • Subject: Re: [Homestead] classic freecycle- slightly OT "needy" people
  • Date: Sun, 16 Jul 2006 12:07:12 -0500

On 7/16/06, Gene GeRue <genegerue AT ruralize.com> wrote:
I was thinking the same thing during the homestead women's
pantyhose/lipstick/makeup posts. Self-preservation impelled me to
stop reading before I learned things about women that I really,
really, really don't need to know.

Gene, I never had you down for a wuss.

Years ago, long after I'd eschewed the use of the terrible trinity
that Gene refers to, two friends and I were burning the horns off a
whole lot of baby goats: one shaved their heads, one burned the horns,
and one shot them up with the requisite vaccines and stuck a bottle in
their little mouths before turning them loose. As you can imagine,
this activity doesn't take a lot of brain power so we were talking
about this and that. Turns out my friends (did I mention they were
female?) didn't own a dress or skirt and coulddn't remember when they
had.

At the time I had a consulting job that required me to dress like a
professional for government hearings every few months. The point is,
there are a whole lot of things we don't need. I like three pair of
jeans, so I have a better shot at having a clean pair when I really
need them.

Oh, and BTW, I now work at a full-time government job that does not
require me to dress in any particular way (I hear they frown on bare
midriffs, but I would never subject my coworkers to that). Clothes are
not a big part of my budget.

Marie