homestead - Re: [Homestead] Canning

  • From: Viking <erthnsky AT bellsouth.net>
  • To: homestead AT lists.ibiblio.org
  • Subject: Re: [Homestead] Canning
  • Date: Mon, 10 Jul 2006 12:33:21 -0400

rayzentz AT aim.com wrote:

Personally, when I am not sure, I pressure can. Better safe than sorry, sez
I.
Ray

Absolutely, but being a former chemist, I have a few items around here that most folks don't have, like a good supply of pH paper. :) When the USDA set the guidelines, they had to have some kind of lab based study to back it up, so I knew there was a breakpoint-just had to research to find out what it was!

Bev
--
erthnsky AT bellsouth.net BevanRon of EarthNSky Farm NW Georgia USDA Zone 7
34.498N 85.076W