homestead - Re: [Homestead] Water filter update

  • From: Gene GeRue <genegerue AT ruralize.com>
  • To: homestead AT lists.ibiblio.org
  • Subject: Re: [Homestead] Water filter update
  • Date: Sat, 01 Jul 2006 12:28:09 -0500

Used to have the same problem with alkali in Phx.
Would there be anything to put in the tank that would
react with the lime and allow it to be flushed out?

I Googled water heater lime buildup solutions and got about 85,000 hits. Take your pick.

Phoenix water softener erases the problem. I use potassium rather than the usual salt.