homestead - Re: [Homestead] Water filter update

  • From: Rob <becida AT comcast.net>
  • To: homestead AT lists.ibiblio.org
  • Subject: Re: [Homestead] Water filter update
  • Date: Sat, 01 Jul 2006 08:10:05 -0700

At 6/30/2006 11:13 AM,Gene GeRue wrote:

It is very helpful to drain water heaters once a year or so or even
more often to flush out sediment and some of the minerals before they
become solidified in the bottom of the tank.

Our water in MN was really good to drink but the lime build up was something else. In 3 years there was so much crap in the hot water heater that it took some time to drain it as I had to keep pushing something in the drain hole to move the build up to get the water out.
I'd agree on that "once a year" draining.

Rob

becida AT comcast.net
Western Washington State, USA