homestead - Re: [Homestead] Cobbler Recipe

  • From: "Lisa K.V. Perry" <lisakvperry AT gmail.com>
  • To: homestead AT lists.ibiblio.org
  • Subject: Re: [Homestead] Cobbler Recipe
  • Date: Fri, 30 Jun 2006 16:54:29 -0400

On 6/30/06, Bevanron <erthnsky AT bellsouth.net> wrote:

Okay, let me make sure I have this right...
Double the recipe, triple the topping, use a 8x13 pan
This is the recipe you said wasn't a crispy crust, but had a biscuit like
dough, right? What do you think the dough would be like if I doubled the
'crust' part instead of tripling it? Do you think it would get more crispy,
or just reduce the amount of crust?

Sorry, I've been gone running errands all day with our live-in client. He
moved in this past Wed.

The dough has always been biscuit-like even if you only double it, it would
just be thinner and the thinner areas get harder, but I'd never call it
crispy per se. We triple the dough when making the 8x13 pan only because we
like to have extra. I like for the entire pan to be covered with dough when
I put it in the oven. I've even added a handful of rolled oats to the dough
now and then, it just makes the dough chewier (and a tad more nutritious for
my guys).

Lisa
...who is fixin' to make a blueberry pie...although blueberry cobbler sounds
darn good.