homestead - Re: [Homestead] Cobbler Recipe

  • From: Bevanron <erthnsky AT bellsouth.net>
  • To: homestead AT lists.ibiblio.org
  • Subject: Re: [Homestead] Cobbler Recipe
  • Date: Fri, 30 Jun 2006 11:15:39 -0400

Okay, let me make sure I have this right...
Double the recipe, triple the topping, use a 8x13 pan
This is the recipe you said wasn't a crispy crust, but had a biscuit
like dough, right? What do you think the dough would be like if I
doubled the 'crust' part instead of tripling it? Do you think it would
get more crispy, or just reduce the amount of crust?

I looked around last night and found some other recipes online I might
want to try, since I'll end up with a lot of blackberries. A tort-like
dessert with cream cheese sounds good, but right now, I want cobbler!

Bev

Lisa K.V. Perry wrote:

Variations

When I use anything other than rhubarb, I cut the sugar way down. I
don't like baked goods real sweet (except brownies and cinnamon
rolls), as a rule at my house we use half the sugar called for in a
recipe. I also always double the recipe (an 8x13 pan) and I usually
triple the part for the cobbler dough. I add cinnamon and nutmeg,
whatever I feel like adding.

--
erthnsky AT bellsouth.net BevanRon of EarthNSky Farm NW Georgia USDA Zone 7
34.498N 85.076W