homestead - [Homestead] Water filter update

  • From: Gene GeRue <genegerue AT ruralize.com>
  • To: "homestead AT lists.ibiblio.org" <homestead AT lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: [Homestead] Water filter update
  • Date: Fri, 30 Jun 2006 10:46:21 -0500

The Crystal Quest people are coming through like we wish all companies we deal with would.

You will recall that I bought their under-sink seven-state filter and that a test showed that "Total Coliform" is "Present" and the water is "Unsatisfactory for drinking water purposes."

Crystal Quest has developed a new 0.02 micron filter. It is new and not yet on their Web site. They believe this new filter will do the job. They are sending it to me to try. The engineer/scientist guy I spoke to says he would like me to use it and to let him know the results after I have it tested again. If it is satisfactory, then he will charge me a modest fee.

I questioned whether such a tight mesh would allow good water flow. He assured me it does.

After this new filter is in place, in addition to sending a sample to the state I seek an independent lab that will give a more complete analysis than simply good or not good to drink.