homestead - Re: [Homestead] Rabbit math

  • From: Clansgian AT wmconnect.com
  • To: homestead AT lists.ibiblio.org
  • Subject: Re: [Homestead] Rabbit math
  • Date: Thu, 29 Jun 2006 00:27:03 EDT

> The little local lumberyard ordered it for me.

I'm going to have to dig deeper, then. Cage wire here is available in
Seed'n'Feeds and farm supply places. It was nearly double your $1 a foot. I
haven't found it suitable for the bottom of cages, which I still make of 1/2"
hardware cloth, but for a 3' x 3' cage (18" tall) still requires 9 feet of
cage
wire. At the going prices for cage wire here, you get above $20 in a hurry
adding
the bottom and clips and such.

I've often found, though, that sometimes a special order from not the usual
source does get you a better price.